The Daily Bullets are brought to you by Hoboken Coffee: Get 20% off your first order.
Softball: Cowgirls 2, Longhorns 4
Baseball: Cowboys 5, Longhorns 4
• Oklahoma State slammed the door on Texas and moves onto the Big 12 Tournament title game Sunday night. A win and the Pokes will be back-to-back postseason winners in OKC after coming in as the 3 and 4 seeds, respectively.
• The Cowgirls fell to the Longhorns on Saturday, sending the Stillwater Super Regional to a winner-takes-all Game 3 on Sunday. The prize? A trip to OKC.
• OSU is on the forefront of NIL opportunities for student-athletes. [PFB]
• “If I could have told you at the beginning of August when we met for the first time, whether it was over zoom or what I don’t remember, but if I could have told you that this season was going to come down to one game to go to OKC, would you take it? Hell yeah you’d take it, and you’ll be ready to play.” — Kenny Gajewski after OSU’s loss on Saturday. Let’s. Flippin’ Go.
• Glad to see inter-sports support in the OSU fam but I’d expect a little more from a “specialist.”
• Will OSU Softball be the first women’s team to win a national championship? The Cowgirls will take another step in that direction if they can get a W on Sunday.
• This piece by Jimmie Tramel on Tulsa-area drive-in theaters tugged a heartstring or two for me not only because I’m a hopeless nostalgist but also because my wife and I had our first date at the Winchester in OKC (no sentence has ever made me sound older). If you can, try to support those that are still around. [Tulsa World]
• Book Rec: If you have an afternoon and a penchant for innovation (in any field), do yourself a favor and pick up John Cleeses’ Creativity: A Short and Cheerful Guide. You won’t regret it.
The post Daily Bullets (May 30): Cowboys/Cowgirls Face Big Championship Sunday appeared first on Pistols Firing.
Read this original article at Pistols Firing Blog.