Thanks for stopping by – here’s your daily dose of Oklahoma State sports news.
Happy Memorial Day from the folks at PFB.
Men’s Golf: Pokes are in second through day three
• Really nice – the Cowgirls will be the highest-ranked team on their side of the College World Series bracket – taking on unranked Arizona on Thursday
• The Pokes snuck into hosting a regional this weekend – meanwhile, the Sooners won the Big 12 tournament yesterday and will not be hosting a regional
• There was a lot more news from Saturday, check out Sunday’s Bullets for a nice refresher if you missed it
• Doug Gottlieb shared some thoughts on OSU’s appeal to the NCAA and NIL – his explanation on why the appeal wasn’t heard made a lot of sense while his measured thoughts didn’t resonate:
“…And Oklahoma State had smartly appealed and because of COVID there was no appeal hearings, and because it was under appeal, when you had the best player in the country [Cade Cunningham], you got to play in the NCAA Tournament.”[HCS]
• The Pokes surged into second through three days of stroke play at the NCAA Tournament
• Pretty slick shots from Saturday’s games:
• Liked this take on “humility as kindness” (some political thoughts but his process was good)
• Cases for Paolo, Chet, and Jabari to be taken first in the NBA Draft (why Chet is a good fit for OKC)
• A little cheesy but “Slow Down: a Dad’s Reflection” is good (faith-based)
The post Daily Bullets (May 30): Cowgirls Path to the Title Clear, Pokes Earn a Regional at O’Brate appeared first on Pistols Firing.
Read this original article at Pistols Firing Blog.