- It creates a few statutory changes and adds clarity to a number of matters, including product testing standards (food safety protocols).
- It fails to address the tax issue. Voters believed it established a 7% sales tax on the medicine, but the Tax Commission imposed a double tax and more than doubled the assessment.
- It adds occupational licensing requirements ($50)
- It adds educational certification for training & research.
- It adds transportation licensing.
- It converts most of the existing agency 'emergency rules' to permanent statutes.
- It removes the OBNDD from oversight authority.
- It establishes clarity of patient rights & protections.
- It's requesting emergency implementation upon passage into law.
Omnibus Medical Marijuana Bill