The Oklahoma Council on Public Affairs has launched a petition drive for citizens to add their voice toward the effort to get our jobs, economy, and open society back.
It's called; " Working Oklahomans Petition: "
It simply asks for the goal of a begin date of no later than May first, for a strategic process of both opening and encouraging the restoration of a free society and commerce.
Begin reopening Oklahoma by May 1
Sign the petition today to tell your elected officials to begin reopening Oklahoma by May 1
Copyright © 2020
Oklahoma Council of Public Affairs
- Whereas governments are established by the people and derive their just powers from the consent of the governed; and
- Whereas government power at all levels is limited by the state and federal constitutions; and
- Whereas even in a crisis, the rights of the people must be respected and government must remain accountable to the people; and
- Whereas a good rule of medicine and public policy is to “first do no harm,” but shutdowns and “shelter-in-place” policies are doing extensive and serious harm to many Oklahomans; and
- Whereas a growing body of evidence suggests that government imposed shutdowns and “shelter-in-place” orders go beyond what is necessary to protect Oklahomans from the coronavirus; therefore
We the working people of the State of Oklahoma call on all of our state and local elected officials to begin the process of lifting all “shelter-in-place” and similarly oppressive orders by May 1, 2020. This does not mean that social distancing or other less-restrictive measures should be curtailed, but that working people must be allowed to earn an honest living so that we can care for our families and communities. Any government-imposed restrictions should be targeted, limited, and justified by findings that they are necessary and proper within Oklahoma.