2019 Platform Proposal
In order to educate citizens and legislators on the values we hold dear; limited government, personal responsibility, fiscal conservatism, traditional and family values, and faith in God as expressed therein, the Platform Committee urges those of like mind to adopt the statement of principles and planks of this platform.
Statement of Principles
The Creek County Republican Party Believes:
- God is the Author and Creator of life and that all human life, both born and unborn, should be protected.
- Life, liberty, and property are natural rights granted to us by God, secured and protected by the Constitution.
- That the family is the cornerstone of our communities and should revered and respected.
- In individual liberty, personal moral responsibility and limited government.
- In the freedoms of speech, worship, assembly and petition without government intrusion or interference.
- People are sovereign; governments are creations of the People, by the People, and for the People.
The Creek County Republican Party:
- Supports a strict interpretation of the U.S. Constitution, specifically the Bill of Rights, separation of powers, and a return to the limited form of Republican government that the Founding Fathers envisioned.
- Calls upon elected officials at all levels of government to recognize the personal freedoms of all individuals as guaranteed in the Constitution and expects them to respect and protect all life everywhere.
- Affirms the intent of the Second Amendment by supporting changes to section 26 of the Oklahoma State Constitution taking regulation of the right to carry out of the control of the legislature. We further support the rights of properly trained students and teachers to responsibly exercise their Constitutional right to carry.
- Supports the 4th Amendment and the right to privacy of all Oklahomans and opposes excessive government surveillance. We support and desire reform to legislation regarding probable cause to enter private property areas without permission or a warrant.
- Upholds the rights of private property owners and opposes abusive and unreasonable federal, state, and local government interference with private property, such as confiscation, annexation, nationalization, or civil asset forfeiture without due process of law.
- Supports all members and veterans of the United States Armed Forces. As such we requires a Congressional Declaration of War prior to deployment outside of the U.S. states and territories and insist that they receive the proper amount of care, equipment, and training for the coming challenges from our enemies.
- Believes in the sovereignty of the United States from international bodies and opposes the implementation of any international treaties or sustainable development globalization initiatives that subverts the intent of the Constitution (for example: UN, NATO, WTO, WWF).
- Demands constitutional and responsible fiscal and monetary policy, a stable and sound currency with minimal inflation, reforms and audits to the Federal Reserve System, and balanced budget at the federal levels Furthermore, we support responsible revenue collections.
- Believes that we should welcome people who want to legally seek freedom and opportunity and who will embrace our values, learn the English language, and respect our national sovereignty. We call on Congress to protect U.S. citizens from invasion and fund border security, reform immigration systems, end sanctuary cities, and tax payer funded assistance to non-citizens (for example: Medicaid, TANF, SNAP)
- Supports public expressions of faith in the public square such as The 10 Commandments, “In God We Trust” as our national motto, “One Nation Under God” in our Pledge of Allegiance, and “So Help Me God” in our Oaths of Office.
- Believes the U.S. Constitution is the source of all Legislative, Judicial, and Executive authority. We oppose any application or interpretation of international or foreign legal doctrines and encourage textualism and originalism be applied when crafting, interpreting, and enforcing our laws.
- Supports control of school curriculum, administration, and discipline at the local level. We support an education system with full parental choice and oppose any regulation preventing private, parochial, or home schooling.
- Demands a free market, interstate commerce driven, non-government funded, health care solution. We also call on Congress to use the power of the purse as outlined by the Constitution to end the funding of programs such as The Affordable Care Act and Planned Parenthood.
- Recognizes our national debt is over 22 trillion dollars and opposes the transfer of wealth from the U.S. taxpayers to any foreign governments, usually referred to as foreign aid.
- Defines marriage as one man and one woman. This is a sacred covenant between two persons of opposite genders and needs no definition from the state.
- Recognizes Israel as an ally with a right to exist as a single state with defensible borders.
We submit this document for your approval.
Platform Committee members
Ben Ellis, Rob Ford, Kent Glesener, Leon Warner