An Open Letter To Legislative Leaders
Dear Leaders of the Legislature,
The role of oversight is a historic responsibility of the legislature. My hat's off to the leadership for the renewed effort toward due diligence. This is just one of many duties that have been diminishing over the past several years.
Sadly, it falls upon your whole team to clean up yet another inherited condition.
I find it outrageous that people would imply that you're calling anyone a crook and/or incompetent. But this is the day when folks rush to claim the coveted 'victim' status.
Spending 1% on oversight, is the best way to maximize the effectiveness of the other 99%. So please don't buy the line that "we can't afford to audit the performance of agencies".
And never forget that it's 'the credible threat of an audit', which deters far more bad actions than are ever actually committed.
- David Van Risseghem
Publisher of Sooner Politics
David Van Risseghem is the Publisher of SoonerPolitics.org. The resource is committed to informing & mobilizing conservative Oklahomans for civic reform. This endeavor seeks to utilize the efforts of all cooperative facets of the Conservative movement...