The Platform Committee of the OKGOP has released their report for this weekend's State Convention. We're posting it as a service to those attending as delegates.
A Few Observations:
This Saturday we will see if this new document will suffice as a suitable document for the party, entering into the 2018 Statewide elections.
Download your copy of the working document, here: https://goo.gl/A2tM97
2017 REPUBLICAN PRINCIPLES
We believe in
- limited government,
- individual liberty,
- natural rights, and
- personal moral responsibility.
As Republicans, we believe:
- Our rights of life, liberty, and property are natural rights granted to us by God, protected by the Constitution, to be defended by our elected officials.
- In the right to worship as we please without government intrusion or interference.
- God is the Author and Creator of life and that all human life, both born and unborn, should be protected.
- In traditional marriage; the union of one man and one woman.
- Economic freedom is the cornerstone of individual liberty and the private sector and free market principles are the best to stimulate economic development rather than government subsidies or programs.
- Revenues collected at all levels of government should be used only for well-defined, legitimate government functions, and should be carried out efficiently so that tax rates may be kept as low as possible.
- It is the right of every parent to act in their children’s best interest including health decisions and choosing the form of their education, whether at a public school, private school, or homeschool.
- In welcoming immigrants who want to legally seek freedom and opportunity, who want to work and who will embrace our values, learn the English language and respect our Union’s border and State’s sovereignty.
- In Supporting and maintaining a strong national defense and advocate “Peace through Strength.”
- The Republican Party is the best vehicle for translating these ideals into positive and successful principles of government.