The group of GOP state platform committee members which met a couple weeks ago in Oklahoma City, compiled this short document as the proposed OKGOP state platform. It will be presented to the state convention delegates for adoption at the state convention on May 13th.
Typically, the membership of the platform committee is significantly larger and consists of most of the 77 counties in the state. This committee was largely from just one of Oklahoma's 5 congressional districts (Oklahoma City metro).
As Republicans we believe:
- Our rights of life, liberty, and property are natural rights granted to us by God, protected by the U.S. Constitution, and defended by our elected officials.
- That we are to function as a Constitutional Republic with undefined state power as described in the U.S. Constitution, where Oklahoma Sovereignty is considered constitutionally superior to a Federal government that has limited and defined power and our State Sovereignty must be protected by State elected officials.
- In the right to worship as we please without government intrusion or interference.
- God is the Author and Creator of life and that all human life, both born and unborn, is protected.
- Traditional marriage consists of one man and one woman.
- Economic freedom is the cornerstone of individual liberty and the private sector and free market principles are the best to stimulate economic development rather than government subsidies or programs.
- Revenues collected at all levels of government should be used only for well-defined legitimate government functions, and should be carried out efficiently so that tax rates may be kept as low as possible.
- The Federal government’s power is constitutionally limited, responsible for protecting our borders, establishing justice under the rule of law, and protecting our liberty and state sovereignty.
- It is the right of every parent to act in their children’s best interest including health decisions and choosing the form of their education, whether at a public school, private school, or homeschool.
- We welcome immigrants who want to legally seek freedom and opportunity, who want to work and who will embrace our values, learn the English language and respect our Union’s border and each State’s sovereignty.
Resolutions of the Oklahoma Republican Party
- We support the repeal of the Affordable Health Care Act.
- We support and demand the defunding of Planned Parenthood and abolishment of all abortions.
- We support the repeal of the Patriot Act created after 9-11 War on Terror
- We support the right of an individual to keep and bear arms without a gun permit or registration as is stated in the 2nd Amendment.
- We support the Audit of the Social Services procedures being used to remove children from their parents.
- We support the repeal of the 16th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
- Whereas the States retain the power of the self-governance, Be it resolved that the legislators of the State of Oklahoma take action to maintain our freedom of self-governance and oppose Federal forced placement of foreign refugees in the State of Oklahoma.
- Whereas, the States retain the power of self-governance, be it resolved that the legislators of the State of Oklahoma take action to maintain our freedom of self-governance and oppose federal forced placement of refugees in the state of Oklahoma.
Paul Sublett – Co-Chairman Oklahoma County
Coretta Blancett – Co- Chairman Pottowatomie County
Gene Anderson – Wagoner County
CJ Cavin – Oklahoma County
Ernest Clark – Pottowatomie County
Bob Coates – Lincoln County
Betty Coleman – Carter County
Bill Coleman – Carter County
Beth Cupp – Oklahoma County
Jody Elliott – Oklahoma County
John Elliott – Oklahoma County
Bruce Fleming – Cleveland County
Rachel Hill – Canadian County
Nina Jonos – Cleveland County
Tonya Kiper – Oklahoma County
Phyllis McLemore – Tulsa County
Tara Mullins – Pontotoc County
Jason Sansone – Oklahoma County
Rick Stiles – Pottowatomie County
Joshua Tapp – Cimarron County
Margo Timms – Seminole County
Adian VanManen – Oklahoma County
Tom Vineyard – Oklahoma County
Daren Ward – Oklahoma County